|Quick Reference Chart
for Point Lobos Cruises
- Chlorophyll : 11 depths, 0m 5m 10m 20m 30m 40m 60m 80m 100m 150m 200m
- Chlorophyll 1m Fractionations : 1 depth, 0m
- Chlorophyll 5m Fractionations: 1 depth, 0m
- T0 0.1%: 1 depth, Light Penetration Depth = 0.1% as determined by Secchi Index
- T0 100%: 1 depth, 0m (Note T0=Time Zero, treated with C14 and processed ASAP)
- C14 at light penetration depths (re:Secchi), 100%,50%,30%,15%,5%,1%, and 0.1%. Water
samples are incubated first then filtered. Store bottles in corresponding light level
- POM: 1 depth, 0m from Underway Mapping System (POM=Particulate Organic Matter). Note
temperature, GMT, Volume Filtered on NASA Data Sheet in Cruise Notebook.
- POC: 1 depth, 0m. POC=Particulate Organic Carbon. Use combusted GFF filter, fold filter
and store in Glassine envelope, record volume filtered on envelope.
- A*: 4 depths, 0m 10m 20m 40m. Store in cryovial, then in Nitrogen . At Mooring1 only.
- Nutrients : At Mooring1: 11 depths, 0m 5m 10m 20m 30m 40m 60m 80m 100m 150m 200m. At C1
and Mooring2: 0m only. Store vials in freezer.
- Phytoplankton: 0m sample in plastic duct taped bottles.
- FCM: 0m scint. vials. Store in toxic cooler.
- Salinity: 0m sample in glass bottles. 1 from CTD, 1 from underway flow. Store in
- DIC (Dissolved Inorganic Carbon) - 0m sample in dark brown bottle with yellow tape.
NASA sample. Store in cooler.
Note: Any deviation from the above procedures should be noted on the Data Sheet. i.e.
Volume Fitered is more/less than required, or incubation is 6 hours, no c14 sample taken,